Welcome to Conversations with Clarity, where we talk to senior leaders about what it takes to build a Listen Up, Speak Up culture.
In this first episode, Clarity’s Strategic Advisor, Professor Jane Burns and SafeWork SA’s Executive Director, Martyn Campbell, discuss:
- The rise, cost and impact of psychological injury in the workplace
- The role and responsibility of boards and senior executives in creating a psychologically safe workplace
- From a regulator’s perspective, the importance of having a whistleblowing process to support a listen up, speak up culture
- How to prevent, detect, respond to and learn from workplace incidents, such as bullying and harassment, that fall outside the regulatory definition of whistleblowing
According to data provided by SafeWork SA:
- Psychological injuries are on the rise
- The median cost of a psychological injury is approximately $33,000 versus $3,000 for a physical injury claim
- Workers with psychological injuries take significantly more time off work than those with a physical injury
- Our sister company, Your Call, talks to emergency services workers about workplace wellbeing on International Women’s Day
Clarity Workplace Solutions is here to help employers, insurers, legal firms and workers prevent, detect and respond to workplace issues and investigate personal injuries, so please get in touch.